Terms and Conditions
- The Fees and Key Dates at the foot of this document form an integral part of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entries for consideration to accept for hanging or display will be accepted on the dates shown under Key Dates. We encourage entries to be made through the designated online entry system.
- By submitting your works through our online process, you enter into an agreement with The Rotary Club of Bayswater, Inc, hereafter referred to as “the Organisers” , and you agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- Each wall based art work must be the original uncopied work of the exhibitor, have been executed during the three years preceding 1st February 2018 and must be for sale at the nominated price inclusive of GST where applicable.
- Photographs will be accepted and will be displayed separately for judging and sale.
- You may submit any number of works for consideration of acceptance into the show, each submission attracting a fee as shown under Fees. The Organisers, whose decision is final, may accept up to four (4) works from any one artist. All accepted works will be displayed.
- Additional works may be accepted at the sole discretion of the Organisers and after discussion with the artist.
- Wall based works having any dimension greater than 1.1 square metres including the frame will not be accepted other than by special arrangement with the Organisers, and will attract an additional acceptance fee as shown in Entry Fees below.
- All exhibits must be on durable material and ready to hang with picture wire fitted at the back of the frame. The identifying label supplied by the Organiser must be printed and affixed to the back of the work.
- The Rotary Club of Bayswater (Inc.) will arrange for, and the exhibitor shall permit, the publication and sale to the public of a catalogue containing all entries accepted and the names and other particulars of the exhibitors but the Rotary Club of Bayswater (Inc.) does not accept any responsibility for any error, misdescription, omission or other defect in the production or publication of such catalogue. The proceeds of the sale of such catalogue shall belong exclusively to the Rotary Club of Bayswater (Inc.) to be applied by it in defraying the expenses of the exhibition and for charitable purposes.
- Artists will be notified, where possible, by both email and text message when their work has been accepted for hanging/display. Acceptance of entries and display of the exhibits at the exhibition shall be at the sole discretion of the Rotary Club of Bayswater (Inc.), which reserves the right to refuse any entry or to refuse to display any exhibit.
- Artists whose work has been accepted will receive one free ticket to any of the public opening days.
- All exhibits for which entry has been made must be delivered to the Exhibition venue at the times specified for delivery of paintings in a condition suitable for sale.
- The exhibitor shall permit his/her exhibit to remain on display for the duration of the exhibition and until 4.30PM on the final day of the exhibition.
- Any damage to or loss of any exhibit howsoever and whenever occurring and whether whilst in transit, on display, in storage or otherwise, shall be the sole responsibility of the exhibitor. The Rotary Club of Bayswater (Inc.) will take every care with exhibits but does not accept the responsibility for any such damage or loss and advises all exhibitors to insure exhibits against any such damage or loss.
- You hereby authorise the Organisers to photograph and/or publish your work for the purposes of producing a catalogue or otherwise promoting the show by any means.
- Exhibitors accept responsibility for freight and other charges incurred in the delivery or return of an entry. Return details need to be advised separately to the organiser before the Show.
- Exhibitors and purchasers must collect their works on the designated date, as no storage facilities are available after these times.
- If the exhibitor authorises an agent to collect unsold exhibits, this authority must be stipulated as part of the online entry process.
- Prizes will be awarded in designated categories detailed on the show website. Such prizes are at the sole discretion of the Organisers and/or the appointed judge, and no artwork or photograph will be eligible for more than one prize.
- Payment of submission fees will be made at the time of submission, and acceptance fees are payable at the time of acceptance; all such fees are non-refundable.
Submission Fee per painting, payable at the time of entering: $5.00. Acceptance Fee, payable at the time of acceptance for display/hanging, for paintings/photographs will be as follows :
- up to 1.1 square metre will incur a fee of $10.
- over 1.1 square metres will incur a fee of $20
Payments can be made via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), credit card (online or phone), cheque/money order or cash. For assistance, if required, call Barrie 0407 544 555.
By entering this art exhibition you acknowledge that the Rotary Club of Bayswater Inc. is entitled to 25% commission on all sales effected by them, and that you have read and understand the above Terms and Conditions of entry and agree to be bound by them.
Registration of artists on website: From Friday 8th December 2017 - no charge to register.
Submissions: From Friday 15th December 2017 at 8:00 am until Midnight Sunday 4h March 2018.
Notification that entries have been accepted by: Tuesday 6th March 2018.
Delivery of accepted works: Thursday 15th March 2018 from 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm and on Friday 16th March 2018 from 9:00 am to 11:00 am (sharp) - to the Knox Community Arts Centre, Cnr Mountain Highway and Scoresby Road, Bayswater.
Official Opening: Friday 16th March 2018 - 7:00 pm to 9:30 pm (free entry for all notified prize winners). Half price for displaying artists.
Opening Night Tickets: Order and print from website.
Public exhibition: Saturday 17th March and Sunday 18th March 2018 - 10:00 am to 4:30 pm
Sales process: Artists will be automatically notified by email and SMS when any painting is sold.
Collection of unsold works: Sunday 18th March 2018 - 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm only.
Contact Details for Organisers
Bill van Ree (Art Show Coordinator)
Mobile: 0418 135 034
Neill Sheldon (Art Show Committee)
Mobile: 0418 712 928
Barrie Vickers (Art Show Committee)
Mobile: 0407 544 555